Some of This, Some of That Week 41

No slow stitching this week - way too busy.  Did use 1/2 yard of brown and pink scraps for the RSC 2015 challenge. My new YTD total is 88.20 yards  de-stashed.

Coming off my design wall is a top I put together.  I didn't make the blocks. I just assembled the top.  
I couldn't believe how many times I had to take the rows apart.  I put three flags upside down, so off those rows came. Then that put too much white near the eagle and I had to take two more row apart to move a couple of blocks.  But now it is finished.  It will go to another guild member to quilt it and then back to me for binding.  This is a VA lap quilt that we give to the local Vet hospital. They must measure between 36x45 and 36 and 48".  These are 12" blocks.  The Friendship Quilters put the blocks together.  Didn't they do a great job?

That's it for me.  Too much life stuff for much else quilty.  Maybe tomorrow I'll have a bit more to post.  I'm linking to Judy's Patchwork Times and Lyn's BOMs Away as this block assembly is now done.

7 comments:

  1. your de stashing is going well, I certainly need to do some but seem a bit off quilting at the moment, have too many flimsies that need finishing but not got the skill to machine quilt them so they are piling up and getting me down.

    This quilt looks good and so mnany have shared in the making i=of it foe such a worthwhile cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I read my comment but did not see the mistakes till it was posted gremlins must have been at work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man! I've learned to just not even approach my machine after 9pm, or all I will be doing is pulling things apart to redo them. lol Sorry this one gave you the run of it, but it's going to be such a nice treat for one of the veterans. :)

    And - Wow! Terrific de-stashing progress this year for you. I'm wishing I had been counting also, because I've used a ton of stash up through the year, too. Enough so that I need to overhaul the storage room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your unstitching and frustrations were worth it... It's a beautiful quilt. What a wonderful gift it will be for one of our veterans. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was the only one that did things backwards....grin. It looks great now! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stash usage and your QOV is very nice - I've made a couple of those blocks for QOVs too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun blocks in the VA quilt. You've done a great job of de-stashing this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...