This N That

Was so tired yesterday after the marathon day from 6:30 - 3PM yard sale/booksale (2 different events) plus dropping off some e-waste. So came home, ate lunch, and went to bed for an hour nap.
Today I'm still a little punchy. But on to other things.

Destashing:  Recieved the kit I bought from Hancock's, but since that's for a specific quilt I'm not counting it as stash.  So nothing in.  Quite a bit of sewing done in the last week, but most was with St. Anne's fabric. I did manage to finally paper piece the three blocks I was behind on for the Block Lotto sampler. That used 1/4th of a yard because there is so much waste (at least for me) with paper piecing.  I'll talk more about them on Friday. So my numbers almost stay the same and  I will be changing the total on the sidebar.

New on my Design Wall are two blocks for the next charity quilt I'm making:

I'm calling these blocks bordered log cabins. We have so many scraps from making St. Anne's quilts that I brought some home to make a quilt with them.  I'm going to make them as a leader and enders quilt a la Bonnie Hunter.  I'll be constructing two blocks at a time to always have something to end with on my machine and not have thread tails to cut off, and therefore save thread.  These blocks finish as 9 1/2" unfinished blocks using 2 1/2" strips and 1"strips for the borders.  These two are similar. However I've run out of the yellow and the solid blue, so the others will be different.

I'm linking to Judy's Patchwork Times and Lyn's BOMs Away.  Lots of eye candy there. Leave me a comment and I'll come by and see yours.

Blessings as we start this new week.

5 comments:

  1. some cute fabrics in your log cabin blocks very nice. Trust you are back to full energy now after your mad dash about on saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these blocks! The leader-ender strategy is great, isn't it? I love how a "background" project emerges almost magically over time just from the function of saving thread on the real projects you have going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purchases were judicious. =) That's going to make a great quilt with the log cabins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having a leader ender project in the works. The Reach for the Stars quilt I last posted about was a leader ender project and I feel so smug when I've made two quilts at a time! Looking forward to seeing your results.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...