Design Wall Monday

I've been playing with blocks and finished another baby quilt.  I'll show that one Friday.  Used up about a half yard in those blocks.
On the upper right of the DW are two new blocks for our Guild's BOM.  I really need to get a bigger design wall - 36 by 44 just doesn't do it.  On the bottom left are two blocks I'm trying out for a new VA quilt I want to make.  If it works out, I'll make a bigger one for QOV.  Hope to use up two big bag os scraps on that one.  Now tell me  - how do you count your yardage when you are using scraps?  Do you measure what is made and turn that into yardage?  For instance - the two VA blocks measure 12 1/2 inches square or 156 square inches.  A yard (assuming it is 36 by 42) has 1512 square inches. So that one block used up 10% of a yard - made 2 - so that's 20%, but I used a lot up in cutting mistakes, changes made to the blocks, etc - so say 40%.  Then 10 for the small ones - a half yard. Gessh - all that work and used only a half yard.  I'd like to hear how you calculate it.

I'm linking to Judy's Design Wall Monday and Lyn's BOMs Away. See you there.

8 comments:

  1. Great blocks on your wall. Of course, my favorite is the bottom left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I don't calculate how much fabric I use. I generally try to cut as efficiently as possible (particularly when it is a fabric I love) so that I don't waste any of it! When the scraps get down to around 1 1/2" they go into a bag to be used to make little nine patches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie your design wall is so colorful and happy! It would certainly inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless I need to know, I don't calculate. You sure have a lot of projects in the works to keep you busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I don't know! I think I would figure it the way you just did. It was used, right, so even mistakes is yardage out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used a lot up in cutting mistakes,

    oh dear, me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a very nice variety of blocks you have shared today. As fro working out yardage I am sorry I have not a clue how to do it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Son preciosos,vas a tener un quilt espectacular!

    Bsos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...