March NewFO

It's amazing what 2 hours of uninterrupted sewing time can do. I was able to do the first step for all 20 pinwheel blocks, sew three of them together and size, cut and place into sets the 160 squares I need for the 17 remaining d9ps:

Here's the pinwheel blocks, the stack of 5"sets, and the sections done with the next one to assemble.



I learned two things doing these.  1.  Making the pinwheels from 5" squares, I could true these up to  5 1/2" pinwheel, saved a second truing up, and cut the squares 5 1/2" instead of 5" and had a bigger quilt.  2.  I'm going to not assemble the d9p's 4 parts until the end so that I can more evenly distribute the colors.

I'm linking to Barb's NewFO Challenge as this is my new project started in March, and Judy's Patchwork Times, as well as Lyn's BOMs Away.  Go see all the projects coming along.  

6 comments:

  1. Oh, fun with all the checks! Looking forward to seeing what this looks like assembled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love pinwheels. This looks like a fun project. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of blocks on the go. Great progress. I love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val – I may wind up doing these as leaders and enders – now that I have it all cut and assembled ready to sew.

      I’ll see.
      Angie who thanks you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. The checks are adorable. I like your tips for sewing pinwheels, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project! Look forward to seeing your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...