Stash Report 6/24/12

Well,,, I did it.  Bought 6 yards of Kona Cotton Solide from Hobby Lobby.  The closest one is 45 miles away. But I bought them online - less temptation you see - hah!  They had free shipping and 40% off and I needed white.  I bought banana - don't ask me why -??? It's already come so I have to count it.

On the plus side, and despite burnt fingers, I did manage to use/donate some yardage:  Used 1 1/3 yards for the back of that VA quilt. Pulled another 2 2/3rds for the next VA quilt.  Used a fat eighth of scraps for a Log Cabin blk. Donated 2.5 yards (a Santa Panel and 1.5 matching fabric), and 5.42 yards of fabric for LQG thrifty corner.  I also used up about a fat quarter of fabric on my Forget Me Not block and 1.75 yards for Anna's Garden [A reminder - I count it out of stash when I've removed it from the stash and cut into it. From then on, it's in my working pile].
Here are my numbers:
Used/Donated last week: 14.36 yards
Used/Donated YTD:        85.34 yards
Added/Bought last week:    6.0 yards
Added/Bought YTD:         33.5 yards
------------------------------
Net Decrease YTD:           51.84 yards   Woohoo!  I'm past my 50 yard goal for the half year!! and still have all of this coming week to up the numbers.
 
How's your stash busting coming along?  Go on over to Judy's Patchwork Times and see how others are doing.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that Hobby Lobby offered free shipping. I will have to watch for that. The Kona solids come in handy. You were able to put quite a bit of your stash to use this week. And your reached your goal. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...