Design Wall Monday 8/15/11

I'm working on another ufo now.  Still trying to finish Em's quilt but not really inspired to do so.  Maybe tomorrow.  This is a shop hop block and is called the book block - have the embroidery to finish and the lettering on the spine.  Am going to try something different for the spine.  Since there are three layers to the spine - am going to machine embroider the lettering.  I'm going to use a piece of  a sheet of this wash-away sheet developed by Beth Ferrier.  It's suppose to dissolve in water.  But I'm using it kind of
different, so wish me luck.






Go on over the Judy's Patchwork Times button on my left sidebar.  She's in the process of moving but has been posting still.  You can then see what everyone else has on their design wall.

10 comments:

  1. Love that book block - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE the block and the fabric! I did a wallhanging made from a Christmas tree skirt and used fabrics from that line. It is in line to be quilted..and that puppy is MINE! What do the other shop hop blocks look like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The block is from a quilt shop in WA called the Gathering Fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful block Angie. I thought it was a real book cover at first. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how that turned out. Might have to do something like that for a little project for a teenager who loves to draw. I could actually just do embroidery on the front and perhaps put artist brushes, etc. and then her name. Hmmmmm.....A mug rug perhaps for her. Oh dear, I can smell my brain cooking up something now. LOL.

    Thanks Angie. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute 'book' block or 'block' book....grin. This should qualify for Applique Thursday also. You have a 2fer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make a lot of quilts with machine embroidered blocks. And I always use Vilene a water dissolvable stabilizer. It is probably very similar to the product you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the book block - now you just have to add a garden flower in a vase and you'll be all set. liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have never heard of the wash away sheets you mention, will have to see if I cn find some in England. I love the book cover and watch with interest to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute and different, nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...