Design Wall Monday 7/18/11

New on my design wall is a different kind of crumb block.
And to continue my adding applique to my piecing I machine appliqued a rose in the center block.  Following a tip I read in a blog (I'm so sorry I didn't make a note of it), I placed a bead of fray check around the edges of the applique fabric so it wouldn't unravel.  If I run my finger over the edge I can feel the fray check,  but you can't see it.  This block came about because I was browsing my bookshelf and discovered the book and template that came with it tucked in there.  Thank you Ami Simm for a well designed template and pattern. 
I have made a quilt from this pattern, but not used it since.  Then I got the idea from seeing Ami's scrappy quilt on the right side of the cover.  Don't know what I'll do with these.  I'll probably make some more because I like how it calls for bigger scraps - yeah, more out the door!

What's on your design wall?  Go on over to my left sidebar and click on Judy's Patchwork Times button and see what others are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...