Design Wall Monday 11/15

Phew it has been a hectic few days, but with the Grace of God we have gotten through them.  My daughter had her baby early, 6 weeks early, so we were a little preoccupied with things other than quilting.  I did sit down last friday and start a quilt which I call a coverlet because a) it is only 2 layers - no batting, and b) it is to cover little Alan Vincent Stewart's layette unit to deflect the light in his corner of the NICU room.  Here is the quilt

The back is flannel and I clipped the edges as a one does a rag quilt in place of binding.  And here is a photo of Alan, our newest sweetie:


He's doing great for a preemie - breathing on his own and eating good.

Needless to say, I'll be happy if I get one shop hop block made this week as otherwise I will be busy.

8 comments:

  1. What an adorable little boy Angie and I do like the quilt as well. It is very attractive.
    hugs
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart he is. The pictures remind me so much of those I took of my daughter who was 5 weeks early. She's 11 now and you'd never know that she started her life out in the NICU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the wee baby is doing well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie. I too had a 6 week early preemie who spent a month in the nursery before he was ready to come home.....a whopping 4lbs 2 oz at birth,now 42. Glad to hear he's doing eating and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, what a cutie! and the quilt too!! :^) Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to your new family member! I'm glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh isn't he a little sweetheart! Congratulations to the whole family - so glad to hear he is doing well.
    Love from England, Muv

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...