Some of This, Some of That

Mom and I spent Friday at a local quilt show - the Inland Empire Quilt Guild's show in Norco, CA. It was a small show but very enjoyable and of course, had some great quilts. Here are three we liked (click on the photos to see them enlarged) :
a gorgeous One Block Wonder quilt

My Mom's favorite - a Pearl Pereira quilt - Fantasy Flowers made by
Cheryl Giovenco, quilted by Sheila Osbrink.

The label is below.  My favorite - The row of quilts opposite this beauty
kept me from getting back far enough to take a complete photo. Learn
more about it here.

A fabulous version!
Not much sewing done during the last two days.  This past week I used about 1/2 yd among my WIPs to add to the year's destashing total of 44.57 yds.

Another very busy second week of the month coming up.  I hope you have time to quilt. Blessings!

5 comments:

  1. 3 very different quilts. Splendid sampler one is amazing, have made a few of the blocks and downloaded all of them but not likely to make many myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie, thanks for the excellent photos of the quilt show ! What great camera work ! It's not easy to get those big quilts like the wonderful "Splendid Sampler". All these quilts are amazing and display so much work. Looks like a very fun show. Blessings to you, from Marina and Daryl Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a splendid version of the Splendid Sampler! I bought the book this past weekend, but doubt I will ever make the full quilt. It's great that you got to see the show with your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special Angie that you still have your dear Mum to share our wonderful joy of making quilts xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the photos. All amazing quilts, beautifully done. I'm impressed anyone finished the Splendid Sampler in time for a May show! That one block wonder with the Asian influence is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...