Some of This, Some of That

Okay! used two fat quarters to make two 12" blocks and to start off my de-stashing for 2016. My YTD total is .5 yard.  Off to a positive start.

Today I'll still be working on those diamonds I'm making for my current Hexie Project - still doesn't have a WIP number - see my previous post for what they look like, and the giveway is still on there.  I'm sharing a few ornaments I made before Christmas as I sat on that recliner favoring my broken hip.  These have been gifted so I can show them to you:
The flowers were a Christmas gift from a friend.

These mittens were fun to make. I got to remember some embroidery stitches from long ago.

Th directions called for black thread blanket stitches for all the edges - I decided to use some of the leftover strands.

These mitten ornaments were a kit from Connecting Threads.  I gave them to my Nastursium Society sisters at our December 30th meeting. We've met for 37 years (meeting monthly). We use to be a babysitting co-op.

What are you slow stitching?  I'm off to see what Kathy is slow stitching this Sunday and link to her party.  You can find her button under my linky party tab.

4 comments:

  1. the mittens are a delight I am sure they will be well loved

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little wool mitten ornaments, so darling! Good for you starting the year using half a yard of stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...