Applique Tuesday Week 35

Not back to a normal schedule yet.  Found I have one more basket to make - I have no idea where the 8th background went.  I may have left it in Colorado. Sigh.  Working on that now. I may have some finishes for Friday. On my design wall is still my WIP #7 wall hanging:
Need to sandwich so I can start quilting it.  I'm going to use the facing method to bind this. Will measure about 20 square when done.

I mentioned the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival and the Hoffman Challenge when I was vacationing.
Turns out this venue is the first place they are exhibited for the year, so we got to see them all. Way more than I realized.  Here are some I captured with my phone:
Believe this was the top winner. If it wasn't, it should have been.  Those camels seemed ready to walk right out of that quilt. Amazing!
 The challenge fabric was perfect for the tablecloths in this still life.
 Many had a Persian feel/theme to them.
 Lots of elephants in this year's offerings.
 Beautiful applique use of the challenge fabric.

Another glorious work with applique and piecing.  Wish I had had time to write down the winners and names, but I was trying to do the whole show and vendors in  a mere two and a half hours.

What are you up to?  Let me know with a comment and I"ll come by to see your goodies.
Blessings!

5 comments:

  1. sounds like you had fun in Colorado I love that state. Thanks for sharing those are pretty quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love the the camels and elephants...wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting! I love seeing these gorgeous quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to get the "first" look at the Hoffman Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those are impressive quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...