Those leaves

Sarah of Sarah Did It asked, Did you create the shape or is that a pp.com pre-made shape?

Yes, I did create the shape, Sarah.  Here's how I did it:

Took a hexagon paper, folded it in half to make a half hexagon, and then cut a gentle curve from the lower left point to the topmost point. That's my template.  You can attach in two ways.  Sew to the sides of the hexagon flower as you would attach any hexagon, or leave those two bottom side seams flat and slip under your flower when you go to attach it to a background.  I sort of did the latter with my bullseye quilt, but they were raw edge applique leaves where I wanted to add some texture to my top.

Thanks for asking, Sarah.  Still haven't found that stabilizer.  Wonder what this was about? Scroll down to my last WIPs Be Gone post.  Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing how you did the leaves, like you I have some things I have "misplaced" I seem to spend too much time searching for things when they are often in front of my nose blame it on old age for me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...