Applique Tuesday

Finished all the remaining music symbol blocks for the commission quilt.
They go in D9P blocks
Seven D9Ps to go.  That little hand belongs to 
Alan.  He was helping and playing in the sewing room as I worked on these applique blocks. What an imagination.  He pulled thin scraps out of the waste basket and decided they were seaweed.  Got a train and flat car to take the submarine to the dock. Then got a crane to lower the sub into the ocean. Then he played rescue - saving a car that fell in, Winnie the Pooh, etc.  I just had to supply special effects sounds ever so often.

What are you working on?  Leave me a comment and I'll come over to check it out.  I'm linking to Connie's Linky Tuesday and Let's Bee Social.

Time for lunch - he wants French Toast with Applesauce and milk on  the side. Then nap time.

11 comments:

  1. I want to see this one when it is finished! What a cute little assistant and don't kids have the greatest imaginations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! He does have a wonderful imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allan is so adorable!! And imaginative!!
    A BIG help to grandma! Love the blocks with musical notes on your wall!! Anxious to see how that one turns out.
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol!! I love his imaginative play alongside your working. This looks like a fun project. My daughter would love making something similar, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting quilt. I am always happy when it’s nap time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have some circles you are working on... behind your assistant. I've got some going too.
    Love how kids' minds work, and he is giving his free reign!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on those music symbols. Can't wait to see this when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a great quilt for a musician, is the applique needle turned or fused on?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What neat blocks and my gosh does Alan have a great imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's a cutie, and I love your block. I can hardly wait to see this whole thing together. It's going to be amazing! I'm working on nine patches and stars, and you probably already know that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't realize your music symbols blocks were so big. These must be very big disappearing 9Patch blocks? Then I saw Alan's picture and completely forgot what the blocks look like. What a little sweetheart he is. Adorable Angle has quite some imagination. Enjoy him before he grows up. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...