Sunday, Sunday

Still sorting through boxes and found this project.  It;s from way back in early 2000s when Sally Robbins released Spring Mix at P & B Textiles.  I only had the very center done and some yardage of the stripe.  I was going to just add the stripe, however it was overwhelming yellow that way, so I knew it needed something.  Going through the stash found one of the greens used in the colorways and used that for an inner border.  I wanted to miter the corners but didn't have sufficient stripe fabric for that so I did the partial seam sew around thingy.  Was just enough.  Another UFO from the boxes done!  Now I need to sandwich and quilt. How would you quilt it?

I'll be using a yard and a half from the stash for the back. That's my stash report for this week.  Numbers on the right sidebar.  Oh yes, filled a box with fabric for the Lutheran Church sewing group and a box for the guild - about 20 yards there.
And on my design wall is a block from a BOM from 2010.  It's paper piecing block.  It took me almost three hours to do just this little bit!  Most of that time was doing the first section.  I've learned I need to cut the pieces with at least a half inch seam allowance around the sides to get it right the first time.  I want to thank Karen of Faeries and Fibres for her excellent instructions on how to paper piece.  Couldn't have done it without her.  Now to do the other two sections. This plus that other half will make up most of an 8 inch (finished) block. The easy part will be appliqueing it to a dark piece and then adding strips to come up to size.

I'm linking to Judy's Stash Report and Lyn's BOMs Away.  See you there.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great find. I would quilt it with butterflies. The flowers need company I think. I love the pp block too but it sounds like too much work. Your fabric choice is fabulous. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your paper pieced block. Great fabric choices! I wouldn't do anything too fancy with all the prints it won't be worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the floral quilt. I'd quilt lots of curves into it - maybe flowers, maybe feathers, but definitely curves! I'm interested to see you block finished - but what will it become then? You are finding and finishing lots of UFOs! And gifting two good causes, too. Keep going! Maybe I'll catch it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful find! Love it. I like the idea of an all over stipple with a butterfly or dragonfly thrown in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

SAHRR Round 5 and 6

  Ready to show rounds 5 and 6. Actually, the prompt for 5 was make 4 of something. So I chose four patch, and actually since that made my q...