Sunday, Sunday the 24th

First, Hexie Weekend is still open.  We'd love to see your eye candy - Hexie or otherwise - it's all great to see.

Coming off my design wall is a block lotto block. I'm calling it my purple cone flower.  The center is not really black, but the darkest brown with some squiggly yellow and green circles.
I'm months behind on my Block Lotto blocks because of this block.  My least favorite method of making a block is paper piecing.  But I got it done - measures 14 1/2" square.  On to the July and August blocks

I found 2 more yards to give away. Used a fat quarter's worth of fabric for the block above and a yard for the back of a charity quilt I taught at the workshop, Saturday, for our guild.  I showed how to make a simple quilt as you go with no sashing and a solid (all one piece) back.  Four of us made a 32" neonatal quilt in 4 hours.  I was so proud of them.  I'll show photos later.  I took pics with my phone and I haven't figured out how to download them yet.

Lastly, I found a candy cane rose while watering.  One of the few to bloom during our drought.

I'm linking to Judy's Patchwork Times and Lyn's BOMs Away.  Check them out.

7 comments:

  1. Your cone flower block is beautiful. Paper piecing isn't my favorite method either but it is a great way to piece "spikey" blocks. Love your rose. Sorry about the drought. We just received a great amount of rain. Too bad we couldn't send some your way.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your purple cone flower is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that rose!! Would love to have one in my own yard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you did one - two! I didn't even try that one. What a beautiful rose! I just send phone pics to my e-mail. I don't have a fancy phone, so I don't know if there's another way to do it, but it works, and that's all I care about - though I don't use the phone cam unless I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great block and beautiful rose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

SAHRR Round 5 and 6

  Ready to show rounds 5 and 6. Actually, the prompt for 5 was make 4 of something. So I chose four patch, and actually since that made my q...