Hexie Weekend

Wednesday, I went to the doctor and took my Hexie kit with me to finish up my yellow flower from last week and start another, but I was hardly there enough time in the waiting room to even do one side of my last hexagon.  I was in and out of the office in 35 minutes.

So, as I'm always saying when I open the linky that we love all kinds of eye candy, I'm going to show today a couple of no hexie  finishes:  one a piecing finish and one an FMQ finish.
Here's the latest rag quilt top I made for St. Anne's after fellow member clipped and washed it.  These blocks were a donation to our ministry.

Finished Monday is the second baby panel I transformed into a quilt for a worker at the library where I volunteer.
 This is my third quilt I have finished on my MS Juki. I'm loving trying FMQ with it.
 There were some large spaces empty of picture elements so I extended the panes in the window as criss-cross lines on the wall.
 For the bunting the bunny was wearing I chose to do vertical line to anchor the quilt as well as around him.
 More of the cross hatch in the carpet.
 It was serendipitous that I had a Peter Rabbit fabric for the back.
And here is the finished, bound quilt - now with expectant mom waiting for Ezra Jeremiah's birth.  He's due Sept 9th.

What are you working on? Would love to see your eye candy - hexies or otherwise. See blue button below.
I'm linking to Richard's Link a Finish Friday, Amanda's Finish it up Friday, and Amy's Free Motion Quilting Adventures.  See you there and here too, I hope.  Have a blessed weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Angie...loving all your sweet quilts. 35 minutes must be some kind of record at the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautifully done! My son's nursery, 20 years ago, was garden the ed with lots of Peter Rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful personalization of a panel - great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

SAHRR Round 5 and 6

  Ready to show rounds 5 and 6. Actually, the prompt for 5 was make 4 of something. So I chose four patch, and actually since that made my q...