Applique Tuesday and a Finish!

Another project I needed to get going on, and now the top is done:
Here's the latest neonatal quilt.  I'm calling it Flower Baskets Mod - although my DH said they were Easter eggs, LOL.  Do you think it qualifies as a Modern quilt?  So far it is just a flimsy.  At the last guild sew day, I found these fabrics in the large bags that had been donated.  These were the scraps from a seamstress which makes little girls clothes.  These pieces looked like (from what else I found in the bag) either little sleeves or yokes for dresses.  I sewed the pieces together and then made the oval pattern.  The blocks came out just right for a 10 1/2" block.  I turned over the seam allowance to the shiny side of the freezer paper and pressed it, then center the baskets on the background and pressed that, too.  I then machine appliqued it with a tiny zig-zag stitch using Aurifil thread 50wt in both bobbin and spool.  They went together fast once I sat down and just did them.

There's my applique for this week.  I have Wednesday and Thursday free of babysitting. I hope to get back to LE and the other two BOMs. The weekend will be see me out of town to babysit another set of GKs, so I'm posting this finish for Friday today.

What have you been up to?  Would love to see eye candy, applique or otherwise.  It's all wonderful.

Linking to Connie's Free Motion by the River also so you can see other eye candy and Amanda Jean's Finish it up Friday for a whole lot more finishes.

8 comments:

  1. I think it really does look modern. I'm totally in love with the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with your DH since I thought they were Easter Eggs also at first. I still like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, definitely modern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cool little quilt - yes, it's modern. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling little quilt. I think your fabric choices and the interesting approach to the circle definitely make this a modern quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great - thanks for linking to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these and think they definitely say "modern baskets"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...