Applique Thursday and More 1/12/12

I'm participating in Just Takes 2 this year - a BOM, sort of, in which blocks in Red and White quilts exhibited have been chosen to make a representative quilt of that glorious collection.  You can learn more about it by clicking on the red/white button on my sidebar. I love to make blocks so this seemed like one to do this year. And some of the blocks have applique.  You know how much I love applique!  Above are the two that are - you guessed it - applique blocks. The pink hearts were done with back basting and machine appliqued using a zig zag stitch.  The purple one was done with freezer paper and machine applique using a zig zag stitch also. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your Take 2 Angie. It looks great in Take 3 or 4....giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you cut the pie and crust of the DP blocks from one square of fabric each? Pretty blocks using an open print like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...