Design Wall Monday 8/22/11

My Scrappy Split Nine-Patch is assembled, quilted and trimmed.  I just need now to bind it and it will be done.  Later this week I hope.  On my design wall is a new scrappy block for me.  It is a block from a quilt in Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting, May/June, 2011.  It's called tic tac toe  by Toby Lischko.  I like the quilt but am really taken with the "O" block.  So I decided to make it into a scrappy block and see what it was like that way.  Seems so Moorish to me.

I really, really like the center of this block and may rework another so that instead of building the block as shown in the magazine - somehow I'll do it in row fashion so that I can use a large center block instead of a 4-patch.  Then again I may need to study my scraps better and pick out more of them that fall better into the dark, medium, light categories.  Like that one with the birdhouses, now that I see it in the block looks too dark, should have been another medium like the green almost solid.  This may be a scrap block where you have to have bigger pieces to make it work.  We'll see.

Go to my left sidebar and check out the other design walls at Judy's Patchwork Times.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty block, but 'o so many pieces! Now I'm off to find the pic of your scrappy 9-patches finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great block!....wow everyone is up so early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the other thing that attracted me to this block - the many pieces - good in a scrappy block. Off to sort scraps by value; dark, medium, light (that is what value is???)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this block and the colours in it Angie
    love
    Nan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...