My Fabric Tuesday Quilt Story


A friend of mine gave me a bag stuffed with strips of Robert Kaufmann fabric.  It is gorgeous fabric, but what can I do with it because there is a lot.  The first thing I did was make a Project Linus sail boat square with some of the strips to make a bright sail.  This year's it's a paper piecing block.  It was easy to make, but I sure didn't want to make enough to make a whole quilt - it wasn't THAT easy - LOL.
I bordered it with a beige print and set it on my design wall to get inspired.  In the mean time, I would pull out some strips ever so often and iron them.  When I saw several lined up together I decided that as a strip block they would remind me of all the mosaics I'd seen in Greece and are probably found in many mediteranean country.  I made the blocks 6 1/2" unfinished and here is the quilt so far with the blocks around it medallion block.  I've added another beige border around the strip blocks and will add some piano key border last.  With the price of fabric going up these days, I was happy to find a use for these beautiful strips.

You can read more stories at Quilt Story . Every tuesday they feature them.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Aww that sailboat is precious! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...